Litigation becomes more complicated with each passing day. While the ins-and-outs of a firm, your master pleadings and the “game plan” generally stay the same, the outside world is constantly changing. Often companies and law firms bring in litigation consultants to help them do any number of things. We’ve revamped internal processes, helped firms downsize and increase profit, and we’ve analyzed hundreds of files, cover to cover, created a plan of attack and advised on where to go next. Here are just a few examples of what we can help with:
- Create surveys for client satisfaction (periodically and annually, as well as analysis of results)
- Determine how best to manage your caseload, which cases to settle and which to push forward
- Document Review and Coding
- Candid economic evaluation (the bottom line — are you making money?)
- Case and trial strategy and tactics
- Document review and organization/management, for trial and prior to trial
- Help attorneys when preparing for trial, including interviewing witnesses and taking depositions
- Screen and search for experts particular to a field, including researching their prior cases so you can focus on litigating
HOW IT WORKS
Our procedure has three parts:
- Phase One: We schedule a face-to-face meeting on-site to determine your needs and to create a plan of action. If necessary, we pick up any applicable files or create a schedule then and there for document review on-site.
- Phase Two: At a quicker pace than your current staff may be able, we dedicate our time and energy to reviewing your case files — focusing on the details to help you win your case, identifying key documents (or pointing out which ones are lacking) and prepare a written report and/or presentation (whichever you prefer).
- Phase Three: We reintroduce you to your case from a different angle, showing what you need to do to resolve the matter as quickly as possible. We are available to implement those recommendations for you, train your staff on that focus and for trial prep, too.
- Have someone you can turn to, call on and trust, complete with a confidentiality agreement
- Know the job will be done thoroughly and efficiently, without taking precious time from your current staff
- We bill you at a reasonable rate, directly into your billing system if you prefer — passing savings on to your client and ensuring continued profit to the firm
- We communicate with your client(s) for follow-up investigation, if needed
- Allow your attorneys to focus on practicing law instead of the daily grind of processing
- Professional and detailed reports to attach to your Offer of Judgment, settlement negotiation documents and mediation or arbitration documents
TIME MANAGEMENT AND ORGANIZATIONAL ASSISTANCE
Do you want your attorneys and staff to work more efficiently, with less effort and with the ability to stay one step ahead of the competition? If you answered “yes,” then take a look at our Time Management and Organizational Assistance page, then contact us and we’ll help you move toward that goal.